As Facebook (and soon Instagram) limit the visibility of your posts (through algorithms) your email list is becoming more and more valuable. Why? Because it is direct access to your audience. It is under your control.
Here are some tips:
- Treat your list it wisely. Send emails your audience will be interested in. It’s a sales tool, but don’t just sell.
- Build your list. Collect email addresses at every chance – on your website, at conferences, etc. Add a sign up link to your email signature, so whenever you communicate with someone new person they have the opportunity to sign up.
- Offer incentive for people to sign up for your list.
- Send regularly – at least monthly so the people on your list don’t forget who you are.
- Learn from others. Study the successful emails you receive. What parts do you respond to? How can you apply that to your own content?